Tuesday, October 26, 2010

As usual I feel like I can't remember a lot of last week... the usual class & internship, I guess. Thursday we "learned" this ridiculous thing in Spanish class called perifrasis verbales... I think my professor made it up. I'm going to skip Spanish class today just to avoid doing my homework that's due. Gorgeous boy said hi to me twice. Well actually he said hola but same thing. I think we're going to get married. Hmmmm EDIT-- so I started this blog during my break on Tuesday before Leadership but guess what happened. I was standing outside of class waiting for the class before to leave and Gorgeous boy TALKED TO ME. He actually even touched my shoulder and then invited me to this Halloween party on Thursday night at this one club. LAlalalallalalalalalala Then we sat next to each other and he asked me on a date and kissed me..... well we really did sit next to each other anyway.

Throughout the semester we have to go to 2 small-group sessions with BCA, so I did my 2nd one Tuesday night. It was a discussion about public health and it was actually really easy in Spanish.. I feel like a lot of medical words are sort of the same you just add ia, or something like that. Liz went too so there was a lot of social work emphasis so it was pretty interesting. Wednesday night Liz, Lil, and I ate at Red Hot Chili Peppers, this 'famous' Mexican restaurant in La Mariscal. Thursday night we had a meeting about what to pack, etc for THE GALAPAGOS!!!! We leave Friday morning ahhhh I am sooooo excited.

Friday morning Liz, Lily, Milton, Andres, Carlos, and I left for Esmeraldas, a beach about 5 hours away. I drove with Milton and I just kept having these moments staring out the window like I am just road tripping in Ecuador and everything was so beautiful and perfect and I just don't want to come home. Ever. Also when Milton got tired from driving or whatever he made me sing to my annoying music. He actually wanted me to sing... out loud! That never ever ever happens. We got there while it was still light out and I played beach soccer with the guys. I don't know why girls never play pick-up sports like that. It was so much fun! After the beach we went back to our hotel where we were literally the ONLY guests, and hung out in the pool. We got this suite so all 6 of us were able to be in the same room so that was really nice. We drove to Atacames, a "city" about 15 minutes away for dinner but then no one really wanted to go out out so we just hung out in the hotel.

Saturday was a very lazy day. We just hung out on the beach alllll day. Lily and I went for a pretty long walk and guess what. There were sand dollars EVERY WHERE. Hundreds of them. I decided to only murder 10 but it was beautiful. I've always heard about beaches like that but this was the first time I actually saw one. Which reminds me... I don't know why but I did not take one picture the whole weekend. I just forgot about my camera I guess.
After the beach we hung out at the pool again and we started drinking this stuff called Nectar. It's some type of alcohol that literally tastes just like black licorice. It was feo. And for some reason, people mix it with straight up lemon juice so it's the most sour effing drink in the world and then STILL has a black licorice aftertaste. It was disgusting. I don't understand. We went to Atacames for dinner again and went to this seafood place. Thank god they gave big portions because I just ate Liz's and Lily's. I ordered this seafood pasta that literally tasted like someone had dropped it in the ocean. It was terrible. After dinner we went back to the hotel and just sang and danced all night. There were some really awkward horrible parts of this weekend which I've decided to just bypass altogether.

After my internship on Monday... oh no actually I just remembered a really sad story from my internship. There is one boy in my class, Juan, who is 14(the oldest in the class) and severely autistic and the most absolute sweetest boy ever. He can't talk at all and it's really hard to get him to focus on anything but he is always smiling and giggling. But on Wednesday in the first 5 minutes I noticed he was crying, not sobbing just tears running down his face. This went on for over 2 hours and it was just terrible because he has no way to communicate how he feels. The social worker came in and was asking him if this hurts, etc and he couldn't respond. It was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. I love him. My teacher said she thinks his mom might have yelled at him/hit him or something and his moods are obviously a lot more affected by things like that. :(

After my internship on Monday I went to the post office to mail some birthday packages (get excited!) and to the supermarket. I met Liz and Lily there and then we sat in an ice cream shop and just talked for a few hours. Hmmm so Tuesday I already said- Gorgeous boy and skipping Spanish but wait.... the best news ever.... ON TUESDAY MOM SAID I CAN CHANGE MY TICKET TO STAY OVER BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well technically it was one of those we'll talk about it deals because it costs $250 to change but I'm sure that she'll cough UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T WANT TO REGRET THIS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, THE CHANCE TO SPEND NEW YEARS HERE AND SPEND A FEW MORE WEEKS WITH MY FRIENDS HAVING SOOOOO MUCH FUN BECAUSE THERE WON'T BE CLASS AND I'LL BE ABLE TO TRAVEL MORE AROUND THE COUNTRY & TO COLOMBIA AND ANDRES EVEN STARTED PLANNING OUR TRIP TO MONTANITA. I'm seriously never leaving Ecuador. I can't. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Anyway. Last night I had my first FIVE HOUR long guitar lesson with Milton. I didn't really feel like I was accomplishing that much because I can't hear music in my head and as soon as I pick a finger up it can't find it's way back to the strings... like seriously I can't even tell which finger is which, especially on D they're all spread out weird, BUT he gave me one of his guitars to practice with and I've been playing all morning and I can almost get the whole way through Jewel's You Were Meant For Me. He's a really big Beatles fan and has a whole book of just Beatles' chords so I'm going to take on one of theirs next.

This week is pirate week at USFQ and supposedly if your professors aren't dressed up as pirates on Thursday you can leave class so I'm pretty excited because there is no way any of my teachers are going to be pirates. I don't really understand the point of the whole thing but there is this giant ship in the lagoon so it seems like a big deal. Tomorrow is the Halloween party at Epica and Lily, Liz, and I are deciding between the Teletubbies and Powerpuff Girls... I really wanted to do the Ninja Turtles because Jakki found me this awesome homemade costume but they're boring and I guess it's not slutty enough for them, even though I've always felt green is my color. Then Friday morning THE GALAPAGOS GALAPAGOS GALAPAGOS..... yeaaaaaaah

I'm sorry my blogs are going downhill but it's really hard to write everything I've been thinking and feeling and also my English is getting a lot worse.

Mom, PLEASE let me stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment